IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ST LUCIE COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT
EXEMPT EMPLOYEES AND FAMILIES
All exempt employees and their dependents who are covered by the Sheriffs Department insurance plan may now be treated at any Physicians Immediate Care Center with no out of pocket expense.
An agreement between St Lucie County Sheriffs Department and Physicians Immediate Care went into effect on August 1, 2009 to provide not only urgent care walk-in services but your primary care as well. Below is an outline of some of the services we will provide for you:
- Regular Primary Care Physician Visits with an appointment at our Southwestern PSL or Ft Pierce locations.
- Urgent Care visits to include:
- Visual Acuity
- Nebulizer Treatments
- IV Hydration
- Selected Intravenous/Intramuscular Medication
- Laceration Repairs
- Initial Fracture Treatment
- Abscess Treatment
- Trigger Point Injections
- Simple Foreign Body Removal of Eye or Skin
- Lesion Removal
- Simple Burn Treatment
- Strep Screen
- Mono Screen
- Urine and Serum Pregnancy
- Influenza Testing (New to formulary)
- Select Diagnostic Ultrasound (as indicated)
- Health Risk Assessment/Wellness Examination to include:
- Complete Physical Examination
- Lipid Panel (Cholesterol)
- TSH (Thyroid)
- Generic prescription medications to include:
- Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatories
- Otic and Ophthalmic solutions
- Cough Medications
- Skin Conditions
- Thyroid Conditions
- Mental Health
- Plus many others
SPECIFIC EXCLUSIONS FROM CONTRACT
Pap Smears/Routine gynecological care
These services will be filed to your insurance: Pre-surgical clearance examinations, “send out” labs performed during urgent care visits, “send out” labs performed during primary care visits, *all “send out” labs performed during annual wellness exams other than those listed above.
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING INFORMATION:
Appointments are currently available for primary care visits on Tuesday and Thursday at our Fort Pierce office and on Wednesday at our Paar Center location from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. If you would like to schedule your initial appointment please call the office which is most convenient for you and identify yourself as an employee of the St Lucie County Sheriffs Department. You will need to bring a photo ID and your insurance card (only for verification of eligibility; no insurance claim will be filed and you will not be asked for a co-payment) on the day of your appointment.
You may also walk in for urgent care visits at any time to any of our 5 locations. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact any of our facilities.
Remember we are open 7 days per week for your convenience Monday – Friday 8:00 am until 8:00 pm and Saturday – Sunday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.